Monday, December 19, 2011


Hello friends! 

This is my first blog, and first blog post EVER. Up until recently I was very anti-blogging, just because my life isn't very interesting. Who cares what I have to say? Well, I'm here now, and I plan to use this to keep track of my adventures in crafting, cooking, screen printing, and everything else. I just put my little card shop on Etsy. Its called At This My Heart Pounds, and I am very excited to see what happens with it! I got the inspiration for my card businesses name from Job 37. Yes, I am SO excited when I get to create and make art, but even more than that I want to always remember my Creator who gave me those abilities. My heart pounds more for Him than anything. I love screen printing and thinking of clever and meaningful art to add to the world.

 I am VERY newly married (its been a month!) to an amazing man named Taylor. He is an artist, and he loves Jesus, and he loves me. We are living in Houston for the next year till he finishes up his art degree at Houston Baptist. Then we plan on getting out of Houston, and hopefully America, to love people and tell them about Jesus. Or maybe we will stay here for a little bit and love people and tell them about Jesus? We don't have anything figured out at this point, which I love, and are excited to see what God does with us and through us. I work at a flower shop, and recently quit a job working in the kitchen of a British tea room. I love working with my hands and getting dirty. When we move out of our garage apartment and get a yard I want to grow all of our food and have chickens and cows. Till then, the HEB around the corner will suffice. So thats a little about myself. 

For my first blog I am going to tell you guys about my best friend. Taylor. And a little about our wedding. I am so blessed to have married this man! I wouldn't know anything about screenprinting, or a lot of the art projects that I do, without his help. He is a creative genius! He is SUCH a hard worker, and still a huge servant in our marriage. He is so goofy and makes me laugh so much, but also leads us into an intimate relationship with the Lord. And he is stinkin' HOT. I mean, crack open an egg on him and it sizzles. I am so excited to be married to him! So, here is a little about our wedding! 

We got married in Marble Falls, Texas, which is about 30 minutes outside of Austin. Nessa K was our photographer, and she was fabulous! We were married at Three Points Ranch on top of a hill under 2 dead trees. The ceremony was in a barn and outside under some oak trees. We made literally ALL of decorations, which was so fun! The wedding planning wasn't stressful to me at all, I loved every minute of it! On the tables we used my grandpa's bottles that he had been collecting from the beach since he was a little kid. We also had Petal Pushers do the flowers and add some extra decorations. We had Torchy's Taco's  cater and they brought out their taco truck (they have since opened a location in Houston!) and it was delish! Lisa's Cakery did our cake, which was ameratto and a rainbow cake! I interned with Living Water over the summer and we are both very passionate about the cause. We had a Living Water and Compassion International booth at our wedding, to try and raise awareness about the water crisis as well as children in poverty. Like I said, we made ALL of the decorations, and one of those things included a projection screen. Because we invited a lot families and wanted their kids to have a good time we showed the Princess Bride during the ceremony. It was great and I think the kids, and adults, really enjoyed it. We danced. A lot. And laughed a lot. It was great having all of our friends and family there supporting us. Here are some pictures, and heres to my first blog! In my next blog I will teach you guys how to make some of the decorations we had at the wedding. For the rest of the wedding pictures go here:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150429131707909.366221.641527908&type=3 













No comments:

Post a Comment