Friday, March 16, 2012

Shooo Fly Don't Bother Me! (how to get rid of fruit flies)

Fruit flies = the bane of my existence for the past month. Taylor and I eat a LOT of fruit and vegetables, and with that comes those pesky fruit flies. Then, those fruit flies have babies, and make a swarm of fruit flies in your apartment/house/loft/whatever. What started as an annoyance turned into an embarrassing problem when the little bugs were flying around when we had company over. Something had to be done. I constantly washed dishes, cleaned the counters, and even poured bleach down the sink every night in order to get rid of any food that could be hiding down there. Nothing worked. Until. I conducted a little experiment. I am now fruit fly free! Here is how! 

Get a piece of fruit (I used a strawberry) and put it sitting in a bowl with balsamic vinegar. 


Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap, and poke little holes in the top. The flies can get in but now out. 



Once you collect all of the flies in your kitchen you can discard of the bowl outside. Badabing badaboom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment