Monday, March 5, 2012

VALENTINES DAY (belated)

Hey friends! Yes, I know Valentines Day was almost a month ago, but I am just now getting around to blogging about it. Taylor and I were both working a LOT the week before/week of Valentines Day, so I wanted to do something that would be special for him but also manageable for me with the time I had. I decided to decorate a little cubby in our apartment with things that he likes, and things that reminded me of us....on a budget! Here are some of the projects I did! 


The set up: 
I made a banner reading "Sweet Love" with letters I found at Hobby Lobby, twine, and gold spray paint. 




The Goods:



On one side of the twine I attached "Love Tickets", which he can redeem at anytime for a massage, head scratch, and some other stuff that I won't mention


On the other side I put a cut out of a mason jar reading "Happy Valentines Day Love Bug"with a stick on lady bug inside. I know, cheesy, but thats how we roll


I found a project on Pinterest that I thought was cute and would look good on our wall. To make it I bought a frame from The Container Store and maps from a gas station. Cut out the places on the map where we met, married, and live and glued it to the inside of the frame. Then I used some of the handmade paper that I have (I will do another blog on how to make paper) and wrote in the text. He loved it and it looks really good on our wall with all of our other decorations



Because he is an artist, next I got home some paints and brushes and attached tags that I got from paper source with phrases like "You Bring So Much Color Into My Life! Its true! He does! 


He works at a coffee shop, and we drink WAY too much coffee, so I couldn't resist using the ADORABLE template that I found online and attaching it to a coffee mug. I am actually making a few of those so even when he is sipping on his morning coffee he will feel loved


I then got his favorite candy, Rollos, and with felt, glue, and some pipe cleaners and made him a few sticks of dynamite! 


I also got him a necklace from James Avery, but I didn't make that so no pictures are necessary. Happy (belated) Valentines day to everyone! More blogs to come soon! 







No comments:

Post a Comment